We are seeking an Experienced Maintenance Supervisor for a well established boutique apartment management firm. We are seeking a candidate that has strong leadership skills and develop the maintenance department. This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience with at least 1000 unit multi-site portfolio. The firm and and portfolio are located in the West Los Angeles / Culver City area. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for directing, scheduling and training the maintenance team to ensure current resident and new resident satisfaction and meet or exceed company expectations.
Maintenance Supervisor Requirements
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Maintenance Supervisor with a least 1000 apartment homes and directing a team of 10 or more.
- Must be skilled in all functions of apartment maintenance and unit turns to direct all facets of the apartment make-ready process.
- Experience providing periodic safety training for maintenance staff.
- High school diploma required Bachelors degree preferred
- EPA certification Type I and II, or Universal and CPO certification required
- Certified Apartment Service Technician (CAMT) preferred
- Recent Fair Housing training
- Exceptionally strong communication and organization skills
- Experience with property management software and work order systems
- Must have valid driver's license, dependable transportation and be able to accommodate a rotating on-call schedule
- Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays as required
Maintenance Supervisor Job Description
- Supervise the maintenance team and efficiently schedule make readies and service requests
- Monitor and prioritize service request, identify emergencies that should be top priority
- Communicate maintenance or make ready request to maintenance personnel and monitor the work throughout the day to make sure that tasks are completed.
- Coordinate and schedule preventative maintenance
- Manage the make ready process by walking vacant apartments before and after move-out to determine make ready needs.
- Communicating with vendors and monitoring progress ensuring that all contracted repairs and replacements are completed
- Monitor repairs that are continuously repeated and work with the team to determine a cause and course of action
- Accurately complete records to generate bills for each property in work order system regarding service requests, preventative maintenance, and make-ready of vacant apartments
- Identify any issues regarding safety, hazardous conditions or maintenance needs in the portfolio and discuss with Operations Director to determine course of action.
- Work with Director of Operations on employee performance evaluations, report employee compliments from residents.
- Work with Director of Operations recruiting and interviewing potential maintenance team members
- Train, develop, and mentor maintenance staff and support team.
Property Management Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the State and Local Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring. Our clients and the nature of our positions require we fully vet our candidates. We conduct full background screening on all candidates including; criminal background screening, employment verification, education verification, credit and eviction and verification of any and all certifications.