Seeking an experienced Facilities Engineer for a large unique homeowner association located in the central area of Los Angeles. Similar titles that will may meet the requirements for this position are Maintenance Supervisor, Facilities Manager, Property Services Supervisor. Please review the requirements below prior to applying, we will only be contacting candidates who meet the requirements.
Facilities Engineer Requirements
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Facilities Engineer / Maintenance Supervisor of Homeowners Association or Apartment Community.
- Experienced with large older properties.
- Full cycle project management of facilities improvements small and large.
- Supervision of on-site staff and vendors in routine maintenance and projects.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products, facilities database systems, work order systems and Inventory management.
- Experienced with financial reports, budgets, variance reports and forecasting.
- Experience creating scope of work or RFP's and obtain bids for work, qualify and secure vendors.
- Implement on-going training programs for on-site service technicians.
- Strong Leadership, communication and resident relations skills.
- Credential or licensed in the field of construction. engineering, architecture or facilities management.
- Recent Fair Housing Training understanding of Davis Sterling Act.
- College degree preferred.
Facilities Engineer Job Description
- Participates in the daily operations of the property along with the Maintenance Supervisor and reports to the Operation Manager.
- Ensure the property is well-maintained with continuing maintenance programs for all area of the property
- As part of the team, evaluate service team and hire new team members as required.
- Manage current vendors, review contract and request RFP's for new vendors as needed.
- Create scope of work for each project, track and report all projects.
- Complete current special assessment reserve projects.
- Review budget monthly, create variance reports and re-forecasting of projects and maintenance.
- Attend monthly HOA meetings and report statues of projects.
- Maintain, update and work with existing work order system and create bills to residents for non-HOA work.
- Create notices and letters in a clear and concise manner to residents.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor to create schedule and communicate needed work to maintenance staff and vendors.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained to perform their jobs safely, create ongoing training programs.
Property Management Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring. Our clients and the nature of our positions require we fully vet our candidates. We conduct full background screening on all candidates including; criminal background screening, employment verification, education verification, credit and eviction and verification of any and all certifications.